July 12, 2012

Eleven Things!

You might have caught the vlog today- Megan's (Eleven) Answers over on the Parenthetically channel. Gina did it first, and then tagged the rest of us on Parenthetically, so I responded! Basically, I answered 11 questions that Gina came up with. Then, I needed to give 11 facts about myself, come up with 11 more questions, and tag 11 more people to answer my questions. SO- I did that first part on the vlog...

And now, the rest:


11 Things You Don't Know About Me


Ok, this is hard because I've already posted one Random Megan Facts vlog as well as my Parenthetically Intro where I give you all kinds of random info about me. You guys know me PRETTY WELL.


  1. Milk freaks me out. It comes from cows. Cows are covered in poop.
  2. I loooooooove funny t-shirts. I collect them. If you know of a great web site to find them, let me know.
  3. I used to watch Little Shop of Horrors over and over and over again. I love that movie. There's no telling how many times I've watched it.
  4. My biggest dream, aside from publishing a novel, is to be in a flash mob.
  5. My life philosophy is to never hold back compliments. If I like you or something about you, you will know it. Even if I've known you for 5 seconds. I don't understand people who are stingy with their praise. Come on. It's a waste of time. What if that's the only positive thing that person hears all day? Why hold back?
  6. I'm kind of overly enthusiastic about everything. Sometimes- and it's about to GET REAL HERE GUYS- sometimes, it's a show. Sometimes, if I'm having a particularly terrible day, I will be ESPECIALLY enthusiastic. It's like, fake it til I make it, you know? And it just about always works. Generally, I will end up saying or doing something so ridiculous it makes me laugh, and I'm instantly in a better mood.
  7. I'm addicted to McDonalds Coke. Don't you dare try to tell me it's the same Coke that everyone else serves. It's not.
  8. I prefer grape jelly over strawberry jelly on a PB&J sandwich.
  9. I have a brother. He's six years older than me. He's the bees' knees.
  10. I am a FIRM believer in the Oxford comma. 
  11. I used to work in Cerebral Palsy research. I worked with kids all day, trying to figure out why some kids with CP have better outcomes than others (because CP is one of those diseases that isn't supposed to get worse over time). I loved it. I miss it. Someday I'll do a post about leaving work to stay home with my kids. Gina did a great one
Ok. And for my 11 questions for you guys, I'm keeping a few of Gina's and adding some new ones:

  1. What's your favorite song?
  2. How many times did you fail your driver's license test?
  3. Who's your celebrity crush?
  4. What is the most disgusting word you can think of?
  5. Don't you think Tombstone is the best movie of all time?
  6. If you had to eat one food every day for a year, what would it be?
  7. What are your top 3 favorite books?
  8. Have you ever met anyone in real life that you originally met on Twitter?
  9. What was your first job?
  10. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich- do you put pb on one slice of bread, jelly on the other, and then marry the two? Or do you put pb on one slice of bread, spread jelly on top of the pb, and put another slice of bread on top? (My grandfather has a VERY SOLID opinion on this subject.)
  11. Name one thing that majorly creeps you out.
OK! And tagging eleven people! I'm only tagging people who I know blog or vlog and who I don't think have been tagged  yet! (AND- if it's just not your thing or you don't feel like doing it, I'm cool with that.)


I know that's 13. SUE ME.




14 comments:

  1. When I have money (eventually), I plan on buying all the t-shirts from David and Goliath. And all the PJ pants. I bought a pair of "Come to the dark side, we have cookies" glow in the dark PJ pants from there about four years ago, and they're still my favourite thing ever.

    Also, you should never ever move to Australia. Because you can't get grape jelly here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. so I get that there's no jelly, it's all jam there. But why no grape anything??

      Delete
  2. COKE IS DIFFERENT IN ALL THE PLACES.

    I, personally, prefer Chipotle Coke, and despise Harkins Theaters Coke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Chipotle Coke- I'll have to investigate this. For science, of course.

      Delete
  3. Great post, Megan. Although ^%$# to the above commenter, Australia is the BOMB (even you can't get grape jelly there). I lived there for 5-6 months. 'Twas awesome. I also love being enthusiastic especially about/for other people :-) I am also really curious about your job, working with kids with CP, Megan. I'd love to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! She DOES live in Australia. I think she just knows I'd miss the grape jelly too much if I was there!

      I had the best job. I'll do a post about it soon. :)

      Delete
  4. I have a cousin who has CP and once he was diagnosed I became obsessed with knowing all of the different variations and how best to treat him. The physical therapists were saying he would never walk and I was like screw that and worked with him every day and I'm proud to say he's still a-walking to this day. Cool little nuggets of info Miss Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh FUN. I love talking about CP. So yeah- your cousin- with work, got better. Another kid at the same GMFCS level could do the same exact work and NOT get better. My research was trying to figure out why.

      Delete
  5. Hey, I have always wanted to be in a flash mob too!!! Okay, since I'm tagged, this shall be my next vlog. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FLASH MOB! Of course we have this in common. It's VERY Megan and Maggie. Can't wait to see your vlog!

      Delete
  6. Cows are covered in poop, lol! McDonald's coke DOES taste different. I don't know what some restaurants do with their coke, but it does taste different in various places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up on a farm- I have strong feelings about how dirty cows are. (But I also think they're cute. I'm a complex person.) And YES! McDonald's coke is totally different from ANYWHERE else!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, I totally never saw this post! I so did not mean to ignore my tagged status! Crap, I still don't know how to edit vlogs so I'll probably end up producing a mini-movie. Oh well, maybe I'll do it in sections like you did.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend! <3

    Oh, and BTW my cousin did the whole flash mob thing. I give you made props for wanting to part of that... I'd be terrified! http://shelton.patch.com/articles/flash-mob-surprise-at-the-shelton-fireworks#video-10553033

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries!! I know not everyone like to do these things anyway! And I think flash mobs are just so fun. Like, the amount of joy they bring me is probably a little much.

      Delete