September 10, 2012

YA Misfits Pep Rally Monday: MY WISH LIST

Over at YA Misfits today, we asked this question:

If YOU were an agent, what would be on your wish list?


Book Love
photo courtesy of the lovely and talented Jenny Kaczorowski


This is SO HARD.

I like so many different kinds of books. I can pretty much appreciate anything as long as it's well-written. But here's what I'd want to see if I were an agent...

  • YA thriller: a super creepy one that makes it hard for me to be alone in my house. 
  • Adult Historical Romance: Um, because I always love historical romance. And I'm realizing at this very second that I've never read a YA historical romance. It exists, right? But....probably the things I like about adult historical romance would not be there in YA historical romance. Hmm....if you have a YA historical romance to recommend, let me know!
  • YA romance: I'm a sucker for a good romance, but it's so hard for me to say exactly what kind of story I'd want. I don't know til I read it. Something with a guy who's got a weakness ONLY for his girl...I love guys like that- ones that you wouldn't expect to be so sweet/romantic until the right girl comes along. But that guy can exist in just about any story, I guess.

So....I'm looking back over my list and realizing that I wrote a YA fantasy but I don't have YA fantasy on my wish list. This probably says something profound about me or the market or something but I don't know what it is.

What about you? Post your answer on your blog and then share the link in the comments on today's YA misfits post! Can't wait to read your answers!


3 comments:

  1. "the things I like about adult historical romance would not be there in YA historical romance" --> this made me laugh. :)

    And I love the new website!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those strong yet romantic men!

    There's a series by Caroline B. Cooney called The Time Travelers Quartet that's a mix of ya romance/historical and fantasy, which I loved as a youngin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Historical romance is one of those genres that's just always gonna be better in adult, in my opinion. Forrrr exactly the reason you stated. And I'm a total sucker for those exact same kinds of YA romance... <3

    ReplyDelete