December 13, 2013

Friday Flails: Crockpot Hot Chocolate, #PitchWars, Candy Crush, and Kelsmas!

Crockpot Hot Chocolate
It has been CUH-RAZY cold here this week. One of my favorite cold weather things is this hot chocolate recipe that you make in the crockpot. I make a batch and drink it all day. (I know, I know: #eatclean, #lowcal, #sohealthy.)

1.5 cups heavy cream
1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips
6 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Pour all ingredients in the crockpot and turn on low. It takes about two hours to heat through.

My #PitchWars Team!!
I've been doing some serious flailing over #TeamMegan. I'll be doing a series of posts next week on how I chose my team, but here's a quick introduction for now.

I chose to mentor Tara Harte, who wrote HUNTER HIGH, a horror/humor/mystery mash-up about a girl who witnesses a zombie attack and is whisked off to a school where teens are trained to kill monsters. She pitched it as  "Veronica Mars meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer." So yeah, basically, there was no way I was gonna give her up. Her pages were filled with voice, and a perfectly hilarious one at that, plus there's mention of working with the editor of the school newspaper to solve a zombie-related mystery and really there's just nothing about this query that didn't appeal to me.

My alternates are Megan Grimit with BLOOD TRAIN, a horror novel about a girl who finds herself on a nightmare-infested train that no one has escaped in over a hundred years; and Ann Foster's YA urban fantasy STOP MOTION, about a girl whose romantic wish is granted, but it means the universe constantly resets itself around her, waxing and waning based on how often she kills the evil wraiths she's destined to destroy.

Go check these ladies out. Follow them. You'll love them.

Candy Crush
I somehow managed to avoid the pull of this game for months and months, but then my husband started playing and I just have this insane need to compete with him. I've been stuck on level 65 for two days, but he's cruised right past me to level 89. So. I hate everything. But tomorrow, guys, TOMORROW WILL BE THE DAY I SEE LEVEL 66.

Kelsmas
My buddy Kelsey Macke is doing an AWESOME set of giveaways on her vlog, KelsNotChelsNotLive. She's giving everyone great ideas for holiday gifts for writers, and then giving away her featured gifts to a lucky vlog viewer. Be sure to check it out! I've had a sneak peek of the gifts and they are sooooooo great. (OHPLUSALSO if you win and you want to share with me that'd totally be okay I mean I DID TELL YOU ABOUT IT AFTER ALL AND YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE WON WITHOUT ME but whatever no worries we're cool.)


How was your week? What are you excited about today? 
Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!









1 comment:

  1. I have that same recipe for hot chocolate! I make it every Christmas eve! It's not as good reheated in the microwave, which is the most disappointing thing ever...

    ReplyDelete