January 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Music


Thankful Thursday is a weekly feature where I take some time to focus on what I'm grateful for this week. Anyone who wants is invited to join in by writing his/her own Thankful Thursday post and linking up here. Feel free to grab a button from the sidebar, if you like, and follow the instructions at the bottom of this post to add your link to the list!  

Hi guys!

Today, I'm super thankful for music. Which might sound a little cheesy. It's just such a big thing for me. It helps me feel things and work through emotions when I need to. And when I'm writing, it helps me get into the mindset for whatever scene I'm working on. I make playlists for all my book ideas, and right now as I work on book two of the Between trilogy, I've even made playlists for a few specific scenes. There's nothing better than listening to a song and hearing a line that so perfectly matches something that's going on in my life, or something that immediately makes me think of a specific scene or character.


So, what are you thankful for today? 

Even if you're not participating, be sure to come back and check out the list of blog posts below as people add more! 

Have a great week!

To participate in my blog party, just write your blog post and then follow the instructions below!

1. Link to your specific blog post, not your blog’s main page.
2. Include a link back to me in your post so your readers can learn more about Thankful Thursday and add their own posts if they like.
3. Check out the other posts in the list so we can all have an extra dose of gratitude and positivity!

2 comments:

  1. For the most part, I've stopped listening to music. It has a way of overpowering my emotions and changing my mood. When drafting though, I tend to pick a few bands and listen to them over and over to get me into my character's mindset. Music is weird, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, yes, cannot live without music. For my last book, I made a playlist which definitely shaped the characters and story, but for this one, there's a lot of empty space and no definitive playlist.

    Thanks again for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete