January 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday - Staying Warm


Thankful Thursday is a weekly feature where I take some time to focus on what I'm grateful for this week. Anyone who wants is invited to join in by writing his/her own Thankful Thursday post and linking up here. Feel free to grab a button from the sidebar, if you like, and follow the instructions at the bottom of this post to add your link to the list!  

Warmth
This week, I'm grateful for warm sweaters, hats, house shoes, and everything else that's gotten me through the few days of POLAR VORTEX INSANITY. Lexington's temps dropped 54 degrees between Sunday and Monday. At one point the temperature said -1 which is just silly. The wind chills were -20 to -30. I'm totally over that nonsense, thankyouverymuch.

Williams Sonoma Hot Chocolate
This goes along with the warmth, I guess, but I felt like it needed its own paragraph because it's my soulmate. If you haven't tried this, you should. It's actual chocolate shavings that you melt into warm milk and it's heaven in a cup. (It's also stupidly expensive so I only buy one canister a year but STILL. WORTH IT.) 


So, what are you thankful for today? 

Even if you're not participating, be sure to come back and check out the list of blog posts below as people add more! 

Have a great week!


To participate in my blog party, just write your blog post and then follow the instructions below!

1. Link to your specific blog post, not your blog’s main page.
2. Include a link back to me in your post so your readers can learn more about Thankful Thursday and add their own posts if they like.
3. Check out the other posts in the list so we can all have an extra dose of gratitude and positivity!

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a blog, but I love anything that's all about gratitude! So thanks for doing this - and today, even though it's not really "cold" here in Los Angeles, I am grateful for warm purring cats who hang out with you when you're sick, and also for the book THE GREAT WORK OF YOUR LIFE, by Stephen Cope, which I think might be one of the most wonderful books ever on how to do whatever it is that you do. Sending much love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I am also thankful for warmth. We here in the Alabama feel your pain over the ridiculous temperatures. We never got to -1, but we got to 7, which was just (literally) painful. Nothing like going to work at 7:30 in the morning with your skin freezing off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY did you tell me about that hot chocolate? My bank account doesn't need ANOTHER reason to cry.

    I never thought I'd be living in one of the warmest parts of the country. It's been in the 40s and raining all week, and I am thankful for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to get my act together and join in next Thursday, but I just wanted to pop in to say that I'm thankful for positive thinking!
    Thanks for hosting this, Megan <3

    ReplyDelete