February 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Snow!

Thankful Thursday is a weekly feature where I take some time to focus on what I'm grateful for this week. Anyone who wants is invited to join in by writing his/her own Thankful Thursday post and linking up here. Feel free to grab a button from the sidebar, if you like, and follow the instructions at the bottom of this post to add your link to the list!  

I never thought I'd say this, at least not this year, but right now, I'm thankful for snow. It's been a ridiculous winter here in Kentucky. We don't generally get much snow, and if we do, it's usually no more than an inch or so and it's gone the next day. We had one or two snow days last school year.

This year? We've had at least 8. I've quit counting. There's been snow on the ground FOREVER. It is cold and gray and gross and I hate it. The worst part is that it's been too cold for the girls to even go outside and play in it.

But this week, we got right about four inches of snow and the temperature stayed in the 30s, so they were finally able to go sledding and build a snowman in the front yard!! 



As tired as I am of the snow, the fact that they finally got to enjoy it made things a little more tolerable. :)

So, what are you thankful for today? 

Even if you're not participating, be sure to come back and check out the list of blog posts below as people add more! 

Have a great week!

To participate in my blog party, just write your blog post and then follow the instructions below!

1. Link to your specific blog post, not your blog’s main page.
2. Include a link back to me in your post so your readers can learn more about Thankful Thursday and add their own posts if they like.

3. Check out the other posts in the list so we can all have an extra dose of gratitude and positivity!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like they had a lot of fun! They must have been so happy to be able to play in the snow. :)

    I can't believe how cold it's been this year and how often school has been canceled.

    ReplyDelete